GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awhile back i left a post about my truck, an 81 k-20 getting a violent vibration when i hit about 30-35 mph, i thought it was from the rear of the truck as the upper shock bolts were bent, i replaced them and the problem went away for awhile, now it back, the only way i can describe it is going over speed bumps with one side of the truck., but since i rotated the tires the problem seems to be coming from the front end now, could one of my tires have a bubble or slipped belt?? i looked under the truck and everything seems tight, no play that i can find.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Try rotating the tires back and see if the problem follows. While the wheels are off check the inner sidewalls for blems or bulges.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Most tire problems can be simple, they need to be balanced or rebalanced. Hitting a pot hole is all it takes to throw a tire out of balance.

Hitting a pot hole hard will brake a sidewall but is rare, unless the tires are under inflated, most of the time it is just an out of balance tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.