GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back i left a post about my truck, an 81 k-20 getting a violent vibration when i hit about 30-35 mph, i thought it was from the rear of the truck as the upper shock bolts were bent, i replaced them and the problem went away for awhile, now it back, the only way i can describe it is going over speed bumps with one side of the truck., but since i rotated the tires the problem seems to be coming from the front end now, could one of my tires have a bubble or slipped belt?? i looked under the truck and everything seems tight, no play that i can find.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Try rotating the tires back and see if the problem follows. While the wheels are off check the inner sidewalls for blems or bulges.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Most tire problems can be simple, they need to be balanced or rebalanced. Hitting a pot hole is all it takes to throw a tire out of balance.

Hitting a pot hole hard will brake a sidewall but is rare, unless the tires are under inflated, most of the time it is just an out of balance tire.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like you almost answered your own question, take the spare and put it on the offending corner if that disappears the problem check and or replace that tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts