GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a nice day to take a decent picture. I got it in December and just got a chance to put my wheels on. The accessories list is pretty long but I am chipping away at it slowly. The list so far is as follows.

2006 Silverado Reg. Cab Short Bed 4x4 4.3L 5 Speed

Bedrug liner, Extang Solid Fold Cover, Bushwacker Bedcaps, LED Tailight Bar, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, True Flow Intake, Weather Tech Ventshades, AMI 15" Billet Antenna, Kenwood Double Din CD Player & Speakers, CatchAll Mats, NuImage Chrome Gauge Bezel, Lund Interceptor Bugshield, Grille Craft Inserts, Centerline Encino 22" wheels, General Grabber 305/45/22 Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Black Bowtie Grille Emblem, Clifford 50.5x Remote Start Alarm.

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice looking truck and quite a parts list to go with it!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well... since you asked... :)

The wheels seems to be a bit too much as they don't exactly "flow" with the rest of the truck. With 22's on up, you really need to look into lowering it to make 'em look right. Low profile tires like that tend to exagerate the fender well gap.. and not in a good way. :)

With the other subtle changes you've made, the front lower chrome portion of the bumper kinda stands a tad too much compared with the rest of the body. Probably since there are less chrome features on the truck for it to "blend in" with. Perhaps look into get it painted to match the truck?

From that photo, the mud guards don't seem to be helping the truck either. Could just be the angle though. And last, search the forum for the antenna delete mod. That would help a lot, it's cheap, and easy.

But hey, all of that is personal preference, of course. And otherwise that's still a clean lookin' truck you have there! Very nice.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think your truck looks great. For one I like the Antenna, I wouldn't change it. You've got a 4x4 don't lower it, Maybe just some bigger meats. The Chrome bumper would look sick black but looks fine chrome as well. Overall you have a great lookin truck. Also I didn't know the 4x4 came in a v6.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
welcome to the site :sign0016:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hello again everyone,

Thanks a bunch for the compliments and suggestions. As I mentioned before, I only just started with the accessories so there is still a long list of stuff to go. Hopefully over the next few weeks, I will have most of it done and will be sure to post updated pics.

To answer some of the questions, the True Flow intake helped some, but that went right out when I put those wheels on. I knew the truck wasn't going to be a race winner when I bought the V6, so that doesn't bother me in the least.

I know what you all mean with the big rims, but it is 4 wheel drive and I do use it quite a bit during the fall and winter with hunting and such. I'm trying to stick with the "4x4 Truck" look. The pictures don't really do it justice, it sits nice and high and the tires are big. I can't imagine going any bigger because they are sooo close to rubbing it's not even funny.

There is more chrome to come, and hopefully that will help make the wheels look more at home.

The very next thing to be done is a smooth wiper cowl painted black and the mirrors are being replaced with painted ones as well. I have the Grippin billet door handles on the way along with the tailgate handle as well. Also the Black LED taillights and Black LED 3rd brake light should be here this week.

I was thinking of doing a Black Westin Bull Bar in the front. Yes / No / Maybe?

Thanks again everyone!

Crunch

P.S. Maybe it's only different around here, but I can't believe nobody said a word about the 5spd Remote Start. :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well, if it were a Z71, then yeah, I'd say nothing bigger than 18's and don't lower it. But a regular 4x4 can still be lowered and get away with it. I mean, lots of folks just get 'em for the autotrac feature and have no intention of taking it off road or using it as a "real truck." That's what the Z71 package is for!

However, if you ARE going for the off-road truck look, then obviously 22's are way out of place anyways. :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
hey i searched for antenna delete then just antenna and i couldnt find the thread you were talking about...
Hmm, I guess there isn't a post on this forum for that mod. :) Basically, if you have a GMT-800 truck, you can order the cowl piece that covers up the spot where your antenna is (GM Part# 15287179). It's the same part used on the escallade. In fact, if you check out my sig, you can probably see the lack of an antenna. Very nice mod.

As for what to do about the antenna, that's up to you. Some just pick up a piece of wire and nut so you can stick the antenna on the inside of your hood. Or what I did, was ditch the antenna, and run a wire behind the rubber weather seal of the driver and rear passenger door. I actually get a better signal than I did before.

Unfortunately I don't ever use the radio, so it's really there for "resale" purposes. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts