GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have added a Kenwood KDC-1028, my first headunit install

Also a custom box for 2 5x7's that were given to me, I would put them in the factory spot but the factory ones are 4x10's so they didnt fit. This was also my first box. I will also post a picture once I put it in.

I plan to add a 10" Kenwood sub and Kenwood amp once I get the money, so once I add those things I will post up more pictures

·
Registered
717 Posts
Lookin good Matt:great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Alpine makes some really nice stuff if you have the cash....I know I don't.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
cant go wrong with kenwood. Its all me and my brothers buy cuz u cant beat the price for the performance!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You cant go wrong with kenwood products although the amps are a little pricy for the power. I have a Kenwood Head Unit but I run AUDISON AMPS. I used to run Kicker amps too but they are expensive as all hell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey when you did the wiring for your head unit, were all your wires still there??? I have a 86 and im havin a little trouble puttin the head unit in, cuz the guy who had the truck before me ripped all the interior stuff out. what all do i need to run to the fuse box to power it???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey when you did the wiring for your head unit, were all your wires still there??? I have a 86 and im havin a little trouble puttin the head unit in, cuz the guy who had the truck before me ripped all the interior stuff out. what all do i need to run to the fuse box to power it???
all my wires were there...if you are talking about a constant 12v not the positive i wired mine in with the ignition so my radio wouldnt get power unless the key was turned..PM me and we can talk

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
You should be able to pot those 5x7 in the 4x10 holes i have a set of boston acoustics 6" in my 4x10 holes in my burban just need to make a plate, mine where made of wood (the plates not the speakers) and they fit perfect!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should be able to pot those 5x7 in the 4x10 holes i have a set of boston acoustics 6" in my 4x10 holes in my burban just need to make a plate, mine where made of wood (the plates not the speakers) and they fit perfect!
to lazy to do all that.. i plan on redoing the sound system once i get money

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Yup, I was planning on eventually putting a pair of 6x9s in the spot where my 4x10s go, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Until I get the chance to make the plates to make it all look nice, I've stuck a new pair of 4x10s back there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a pioneer deck and two 12" JBL. I have a "economical" amp and it just didn't do it, good sound comes from good power, I broke the bank for a Alpine V12, what a difference.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I have a pioneer deck and two 12" JBL. I have a "economical" amp and it just didn't do it, good sound comes from good power, I broke the bank for a Alpine V12, what a difference.
i have a V12 running my 12" MTX Blue Thunder that i bought when I was a sophomore in high school I am now 30 and they still are running perfect!!!! Definatly spend the money the first time on the right amp not one to get you by, i spent $700 on my 600w V12 in in 94 and it was well worth the money!!:great:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts