GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the work in progress! I'll get some interior pics sometime

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Gotta love the black look. ;-) :great:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about doing some wheels and tires, headlights, taillights, and putting my leds underneath. That's about it looks wise. I was thinking about doing a cold air intake and dual exhaust for performance. That should be about it unless you guys have any other ideas? I really like those shorty antennas too!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you ever consider putting backup lights in the back on the roof rack? they are actuall circle lights that are mounted in the casing on the roof rack ,
i saw a few mods on this they look nice ....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea! I'll have to look into it.
:great:

·
Banned
372 Posts
Nice ride man. I went with the black and chrome look but I've been wondering what an all blacked out suburban would look like. something to ponder...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice Z71 man. For wheels, I'd go with 17 or 18's and definately look into BFG's. Not only is it an awesome A/T tire, but they just look mean on a Z71. Also check into the whole tire package, since last I checked, BFG's were a tad expensive in 18's, but a lot cheaper in 17.

Oh, and I'd look into a custom tune (or at least a good handheld) if you don't already have one. That'll give you the most performance gains.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought about doing everything blacked out....but there is just something about chrome that looks great. Do you know how much a custom tune is? I'm short on cash but would always love to get more horsepower and better mpg's... kind of hard to get the best of both worlds but should be something I look into.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Custom tunes vary quite a bit depending on who you go with and what vehicle you have. Could be anywhere from under $200 to over $600.

I'd suggest the one I went with in my sig. Give 'em a call, they're one of the cheaper custom tuners, and you'll rarely hear of any complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts