GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First off want to thank any input anyone gives me.
I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LT with the stock rims. (I believe it comes with 17' rims)
I want to get rims for my truck I'm up in the air about going with 22's or 24's.
I do not want to give up the smooth drive but I like the way 24's look on the truck. I have been getting conflicting opinions from just about every person and shop.
I know that 20' rims with this truck come as a normal option so I'm pretty sure you notice no change at all in the ride with 20' rims.
I know it has a lot to do with the profile of the tire so I was hoping I could go with 24' rims with 45 profile tires. Would I be able to do that without having the tires rub? Or without having to lift the truck a slight bit?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
what width tire were u lookin at? like a 285-305?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
No I don't think you could fit a 45 profile. Stock 2wd the biggest is gonna be probly 295/35. 24's will give you a much harsher ride then those 17's. I moved up to 20's with a little more aggresive tire and noticed very little. Awhile back, Truckin Mag did a special on I think 22's and 24's and they said it was a night a day difference on quality and comfort. This was on I think an 07 escalade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I was looking at a 305.

What would happen if I went for a bigger tire all together, it seems like a lot of space is available in the wheel well. I would have to get my speedometer adjusted but could it be done?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I just looked it up and a 305/45/22 is a 32.8 size tire..... my guess is you have 265/70/17's at the moment which is about a 32" tire.... I think the 305/45 should be ok but It couldnt hurt to maybe crank your torsion bars in the front an inch. it would prob look better too... Id go with the 22 cuz they will still look great and the ride wont be too bad

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Is your truck a 4x4. If not then I don't think the 33's will fit because you'll hit at full Turn. I've got 275/55/20's on my 2wd sierra and I had plenty of room with the stock tires 245/75/17 but after the switch the tires are so much wider and bigger that i've got about an inch clearance at full turn. If I was to be at full turn and hit a nice big bump it's possible I would rub.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea finalday is right about the 305's prob rubbing... I would stick with just trying to find 295/45 or something like that it will be around a 32" tire just like your stockers probably are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts