GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, have a couple quick questions.

i have an '05 2500 4x4, and i want 35" tires. i looked at the chart, and it said it could be done with a 4 inch lift, but looking through other members signatures, i dont see how that is possible. there is a guy that has a 3 inch body lift and a 6 inch suspension lift and it still looked like he had to trim it a bit. saw another with a 6 inch and it looked very tight. i want to fit the 35's as close as i can with minimal gap distance, but i also highly value ride quality, so from what i'm gathering, blocks are out and i need a lift kit, which is fine. i am just confused as to which one will actually fit some 35 duratracs.

i am also about to do a fairly in depth front end rebuild on the truck, so a lift kit that includes a bunch of front end components would be ideal. thanks for any help, and if there is any info i inadvertently omitted, please let me know :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
It depends greatly on the wheel that you choose to run in combination with the tires, along with the make and width of the tires themselves. I ran a 305/55/20 on aftermarket wheels on my 03 HD with a 2" crank and some well placed hammering of the fender, and they still rubbed, so it's feasible that you could run 35's with a 4" lift on an HD. If it were me, I would just go ahead and get a 6" suspension for peace of mind and to minimize the potential for rubbing.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
X2, get a 6" lift. I believe BDS makes a non-lowering torson bar kit for your year truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first off, thanks for the replies guys :)

after doing some research i want to go with a BDS kit, but it seems as though they only have a 4.5 and 7 inch kit available for my truck. im thinking the 4.5 would be sufficient since i really don't want to go to 7". if i have any rubbing with the 4.5 i can just add some minor spacers or do some trimming correct? im going to try to go with some duratracs once i find a wheel to my liking since rockstars come in 18" minimum, but i want a 17" wheel.

i also value ride quality, with the customizable kits on the BDS website, what should i be looking for? what should i be looking for outside of the BDS website? anything that i can do to help out the back since it will just be sitting on some blocks? would the fox 2.0 shocks be a night and day difference from the standard 5500's offered in the kit? i really want to maximize the ride quality in any way possible. thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Go with the 7" kit!! Every customer that had us install a smaller kit came back a few months later and said they wish they had gone with the bigger lift. We tried to tell them but they thought we were trying to upsale them. I would go with the Fox shocks. They can build the shocks to your liking.:great:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts