GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Jason what’s up everybody. So I have a single cab 1990 Chevy Scottsdale 3500 with the 350 bored out to a 383 with a 3 speed transmission turbo 300. I wanted to redo my exhaust just to make my truck a little more quiet, got dual glass packs with tips that 90 right out under my passenger side door. (Bought like this) so I cut tips off right at the end of the glass pack then built my own 2 to 1 and put it 3” in front of glass packs and about another 6” down I installed a muffler That’s brand new my friend gave me not sure what it came off of but it was free so I didn’t really care. After the mouth about another 6 inches of exhaust with my own small tip on it appointment exhaust away from a breather hose that goes to my differential. Send it already first of course Still have some rumble to it at idle but when I get going down the road it gets pretty damn quiet which I like. I’ve had her own from now three weeks now and for some reason sporadically I’ll be going down the road and I can hear my RPMs get real high as if my transmission slipping, It does this For about 20 seconds or so then stops couple minutes goes by, does it again. It only seems to do this when I’m traveling at a constant speed I’m 65 give or take for any time longer than i guess 7 to 10 minutes. Also When I’m traveling that same speed, when I let off the gas I can smell the exhaustIn the cab real hard which it didn’t used to do before.
To try to troubleshoot I was just going to cut off my exhaust right where I had before drive it for a little bit see if there’s a difference and go from there. But before I do that I’d like some advice from y’all as to what I did wrong.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
4,002 Posts
The exhaust should really extend to the end of the truck To make sure you’re not getting fumes sucked into the fresh air vents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts