GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is going to be an odd question as I don't own a Trailblazer......

I saw one in the parking lot by my work the other day that was THE perfect color for my rock buggy.

Turns out (according to Chevy's website) it's a Majestic Red Metallic, but I need a paint code in order to make sure I get the right color of paint from the store.

So, long story short, I need to know if one of you Majestic Red Metallic Trailblazer owners can give me your paint code. I'd guess it's either listed on the door jamb or perhaps in the glove box.

I'm not talking about the darker red "Medium" Red Metallic, but the brighter Majestic Red.

This is my first post so I don't know if I can post a pic......here's an older pic of my buggy in progress if anyone's interested.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Wow, sweet ride. What you got in that?

I would think that a chevy parts counter at your local chevy/gmc dealership could provide you with a little bottle of touch-up paint that will have the paint code on it. If you don't have one near you, I can call my guy at the dealership I go to and ask him if he can give me the code for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hadn't thought of the touch up paint from the dealer. Thanks for the tip. I called a few Chevy dealer body shops locally, but without the VIN or the actual vehicle to look at the paint code, they told me they couldn't do anything.

I did a search on Chevrolet.com to find any local dealerships with a new 05 in stock with the Majestic Red Metallic paint (so I could steal their VIN or get the paint code), but none showed up in the Phoenix area and I searched about 7 dealers.

Any idea how "new" this color is? I've only seen one on a TB and they don't sell it on any other make of Chevy (as far as I can tell). I'm just wondering if it's a new color for '05 or if it came out a few years back?

Asking what the buggy has in it will probably shock ya. :) It's a 22re engine, mated to a stock trans (3.95:1 first gear), 2.28:1 first tcase, mounted to a 5.0:1 Atlas II 2nd tcase. That sends power to a pair of 35 spline Dana 60s with an ARB in front, Crane knuckles, Sky steering arms, and a Strange Engineering Full Chromoly Spool in the rear with 5.86 Spicer gears in the diffs (crawl ratio is 264:1 in first gear, double low), Station's Performance Offroad full hydro steering, Fox Emulsion coilovers at all 4 corners, f/r 4 links, Warn 9K winch, on board air and welder, sitting on 40" Iroks on 17x9 TrailReady Beadlocks, etc., etc. I started this project a little over a year ago from scratch.....I'm WAAAAY behind schedule, lol.

Thanks again for the tip. I appreciate it.

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Does anyone have the Majestic Red Metallic color?

I'm just curious if anyone here has this color. I'm not sure I know what it looks like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found two on the lot at the local GMC dealer (Obviously it's an Envoy). Supposedly the color is the same as the one on the TB and it looks to be that way in person anyway.

Got the VIN off one and will have the Chevy Parts Dept. run it to make sure on the paint code. I looked in the glove box and think its code is 86U. The wife loves the color so I'm thinking this is the one I'll go with.

It's hard to describe but it looks AWESOME in direct sunlight. It's like a bright red metallic in direct sun but more of a deeper red in the shade. Since our rockcrawler is out in alot of very bright sun (AZ) it should show up great in pics.

Oh, and I tried to get the touch up paint at one of the local Chevy dealers......they told me they couldn't help without a VIN number. Figures.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and here's a decent pic of the paint color.....looks better in person.

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,
Did you get my reply to your "question" PM? It's not showing up in my sent file in my profile. If not, let me know and I'll send ya another one.

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just in case anyone else needs to know......the paint code is 86U. I just confirmed it with a VIN off an 05 Envoy.

HTH,
Sean

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Didn't get it. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for the color code. That is a good color. It will really stand out in the sun in Arizona.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update in case anyone cares.....I decided against the Trailblazer red.....too expensive b/c it was 3 stage.

Here's a more recent pic of my buggy.....that should already be done, but I'm way behind schedule.

And another:

And a front:

Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Hope you don't mind me stopping by. I was reminded about your site when a guy asked for good Trailblazer websites on another site I frequent and I posted a link to this one.

Hope all's well.

Take care,
Sean

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Glad to have the links. Something terrible happened with my domain name (trailblazerclub.com) when it came time to reregister, it took two weeks to get it transferred from network solutions to godaddy. This caused the site to be down for like a week and it just about dropped off 100% from the search engines. :-(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts