GM Truck Club Forum banner

Need help identifying lug nut lock socket

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  IanF 
#1 ·
Hello first time here and I needed some help identifying what wheel lug nut locks are installed in my truck. It’s an 08 Sierra SLE and I bought it off of someone cash. It came with the locks already installed and he gave me the socket for the nuts. A couple months later I was changing out my rotor and happened to misplace it. Now I’m in need of a replacement, I did contact the person who sold it to me but they couldnt remember where they bought it, all they know is they bought it off eBay. I hope anyone who is knowledgeable of this sorta thing could help me out here. Thanks!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#4 · (Edited)
I broke 3 out of 4 lug locks nuts on my wife's old pos sebring and the damn key socket... pissed and at my wits end I went to the closest parts store and said, "I hope you can help me, I'm about to put a rag in the gas tank and sets it on fire! is there any way you have a key for this stupid POS lugnut lock?" He laughed and said, "fully stocked." He threw me a pack of socket easy outs and 4 lugnuts! Wow! What a relief I didn't even know that those existed. now if i have to remove one of those stupid locks I use an easy out, through it in the garbage and replace it with lugnuts. we dont live in an area where we have to worry about someone stealing out tires, I couldn't imagine living a life in worry like that.

Al

#5 ·
I broke my security key for my lock nuts from GM. The replacement key was more than the a complete set of quality lug nut easy outs and would take two weeks to get. I bought the easy outs and removed all the lock nuts and threw them away. I already had a set spare lug nuts.

Reactions: thegawd
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.