GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Tahoe and I have a question. The "Fuel Range" display shows that I can only travel about 275 miles on a tank. But the same display says I'm getting 14.4 MPG. If I have a 26 gallon tank, the math just does not add up. I have only had it for 3 days now, so I'm still trying to figure it out all now.

I have the 4WD LT, with the StabilTrac. I think it runs AWD all the time, unless it's in 4W-Low (according to the manual). Is there a way to put it into 2WD until I need it otherwise? It would save my MPG huge.

This is my first 4WD or AWD vehicle, so I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

BH

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My calculator died in the middle of this. :-( I have a running theory that they have built into the on-board computer a little bit of cushion to try to prevent people from running out of fuel.

Does it say AWD or 4WD in the book? I test drove a 2007 Yukon XL AWD and it was AWD all the time.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just bought this Tahoe and I have a question. The "Fuel Range" display shows that I can only travel about 275 miles on a tank. But the same display says I'm getting 14.4 MPG. If I have a 26 gallon tank, the math just does not add up. I have only had it for 3 days now, so I'm still trying to figure it out all now.

I have the 4WD LT, with the StabilTrac. I think it runs AWD all the time, unless it's in 4W-Low (according to the manual). Is there a way to put it into 2WD until I need it otherwise? It would save my MPG huge.

This is my first 4WD or AWD vehicle, so I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

BH

Ur Hoe is an awd system .. and as far as I know there is not a 2WD option for it ..sorry for the bad news ...put a good exhaust and intake and an pcm upgrade and the miles will go up i'm running 19.5 miles /gal highway at moment

good luck! ...

any other questions feel free to ask us !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts