GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2004 trailblazer LT 4x4 4L60E tansmission,was running fine but recently slipped out of gear and now does not engage into any gear.shifter works fine, engine runs. checked fluid and is full but remains cold no matter how long engine is running. can anybody help? and is this a common thing with this transmission?:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
trany troubles

i got a 2004 trailblazer LT 4x4 4L60E tansmission,was running fine but recently slipped out of gear and now does not engage into any gear.shifter works fine, engine runs. checked fluid and is full but remains cold no matter how long engine is running. can anybody help? and is this a common thing with this transmission?:confused:
Sounds like the shifter is not doing it’s job.

Look underneath to see if it got disconnected. Also make sure all electrical connections are connected and tight.

The E at the end of the trans. designation means it is electronically controlled. So it could be something as simple as an unplugged wire.

Also pull the dipstick out and smell the trany fluid. If it smell like roasted almonds, the trany is toasted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shifter is working fine i can see the linkage moving on the side of the transmission i can even hear the motor for the 4 wheel drive tring to engage but sounds like there's nothing there to catch and all plugs seem to be connected,and as far as the oil it looks brand new with no burnt smell.my neighbor who knows a bit more about cars than me said it might be a sleeve for the torque converter control valve because the fluid is not circulating thats why the fluid is not heating up when i run the engine but that i wouldnt know for shure till it was opened up?this just confused me more:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts