GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody have a new LOWER STEERING COLUMN BEARING for a 1996 K2500 with tilt steering ? Or anybody know where to get one ? App. they are no longer avlb. and i can't find it no where !

THANKS

Oh, part # is GM 26052238

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
COME ON...over a million peeps on here and nobody can help ???? WTF !! LOL

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Hey Scott, if push comes to shove & you can't find one, have someone machine you a bushing out of bronze or brass. Have them cut a grease groove inside it, & drill it for a zerk fitting. A little shot of grease whenever you do your lube & oil serv. & that baby will last longer than the original bearing did.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stephan, great idea...but how will it saty on ..this is a funky looking plastic piece !! i know i can make one but man ..they are 18 -35 bucks new..IF I CAN FIND ONE !

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I would just make it an interference fit Scott. Make it .002" - .003" thou. oversize & it won't ever spin in the housing. The original had to be O size at one time or it would have spun.
You might also try asking Tricia if she knows where you could get the original "out of stock" part. I'd rather pay the $30 than spend the time making one, so ask her on the "GM Customer Service" thread, cuz she may have a line on where to find the no longer manufactured parts.

I've made bronze bushings for king pins that were no longer available & they've lasted, & were supporting way more weight & stress than what you'll see in a steerring column, so no worries if you have to make one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anybody have a new LOWER STEERING COLUMN BEARING for a 1996 K2500 with tilt steering ? Or anybody know where to get one ? App. they are no longer avlb. and i can't find it no where !

THANKS

Oh, part # is GM 26052238
Daredevil,
I have the same issue, what did you do to resolve yours. I have a lathe so I can make the bronze bushing , but again, how does it stay in the plastic piece. I have not pulled mine apart yet, waiting for the part.
Thank You,
Bob

·
Registered
13,861 Posts
Bob, he hasn't been on the site for 5 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts