GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a 1993 K-1500.
I purchased it from an acquaintance, so am not terribly worried about overall performance, but it has a few aches and moans (as we all do when we get old).

I have found the best information about any vehicle is available through this type of forum (through ownership of both a new Beetle and a classic Labaron convertible), so am turning to the "true" experts out there.

My question is... where can I find a record of all the service updates and recalls posted for this vehicle? I seem to be getting nowhere at the Chevy site and by googling (though I did find you!). I am the third owner of this truck and do not have access to the initial care taken with it. That type of info was extremely helpful on the last used vehicle I purchased, as the previous owner had not taken advantage of Chrysler's recalls and I was able to have quite of few things repaired at no expense to me.

Or better yet, tell me there are no known issues and I will be able to put a few hundred thousand miles on this truck worry free!:great:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Welcome!

There just ain't nuttin better than a woman in a truck! God bless America!:great:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome!:great:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Welcome

I bought my 93 K1500 burb two years ago and it has been easy to take care of. Lots of help here that has encouraged me to tackle some of the work myself and I've saved big bucks that way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you 84Fiero123 - the info was most helpful.

And thank you all for the kind welcome!

Terry - you can only say that because you probably live nowhere near Omaha and you've never seen me drive! :eek:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Not even close

No, I live in the armpit of Ohio (Toledo). It does not matter how you drive, if your in a p/u truck you have to look great!:cool: Welcome again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts