GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I second the idea to test drive both vehicles, this will give you first hand experience with both trucks and what options you will like or dont like. As mentioned before I commonly see the yukons with the 2nd row captain chairs which might not be great if you have a big family that you will be moving around. My suburban is great thus far. I have the 6.0L 2500 chassis. It is rated to tow 12,000 lbs iirc and mine is a 4x4. Has a HD factory tranny cooler, and what seems like a smaller power steering cooler. I could have sworn I read my Option codes and it said something about an oil cooler too but I could be wrong.

Suburbans can run in auto 4 wheel which is somewhat similar to the yukons AWD.

The way I see it (and this goes for any auto maker with luxury divisions within the same maker) is that GMC's and cadillacs are glorified chevys. They have higher base prices because they simply come stock with more stuff. But some if not most of the same stuff can be had on the lower models by checking that box when its ordered. My suburban has leather, power driver and passenger seats, heated mirrors, sweet stock system with subwoofer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts