GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biggrin: :biggrin: I have just purchased a 2005 Chevy Colorado. I am wanting to put the biggest tire possible on it. I am keeping the stock 15" wheels and have no plans on doing any upgrades. I just like the beefy stock look. Can someone help me with this. Right now I have stock 265/75/15 tires on it. Just want something more beefy and more eye catching. Thanks for any help.

Oh yea. My truck is a Z71 OffRoad 4X4.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Looks like the largest tire you'll be able to go with based on a 15inch wheel is a 33x12.5 SR15. That tire's size would be:
  • 32.6" tall
  • 9.6" tread width
  • approx 1/2" tread (depending on make)
Your current tires will stand about 30.7" tall, and have a tread width of about 10 inches, and approx 3/8" tread (depending on make).

This does not take into consideration any rubbing that may occur durring a hard bounce, or hard cornering. So even though this would be the max size for that rim, doesn't mean your wheel well has the space for it.

Go over to tire rack, and see what they have to offer. You can play around with the tire size numbers, and see what sizes you can come up with. If you pick a brand of tire, you can click on "specs", and view the sizes/details offered by that brand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2005 2wd colorado with the same size tires. i was wondering if anyone has purchased the same size tires as replacements for their truck. i see by the reviews that the factory tires have about the worst rating of all tires available! i have not had any problem at all from mine yet, but now i am starting to get a little paranoid about the tires i am riding on!
it doesnt look like there is too much available from other manufaturers in this size, so i would like to hear from others who have purchased replacements, and if they are satisfied with them
Chevy wheels

scotty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '05 2wd Z71 and I went with the stock tire size....I got BF Goodrich All Terrains.....very nice tire and came with a 50k mile warranty which is hard to come by with the aggressive tread pattern. If you're wanting give it the mudder look go with those...if you plan on taking it offroad, go with the BFG Mud Terrains....an even more aggressive tread, but you're not gonna get too far with a warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put on 18's. I have an 06 crew cab. LS package. 4x4. They look great, but the speedometer is off about 10%. I stopped in the shop to have it calibrated, but the program isn't out for the 06 yet. The tires compared to the wheel wells with the stock just didn't look like a truck on mine. Too much space. If anybody has any ideas on calibrating the speedometer, I'd like to hear. I have a bit of a led foot and don't need any accidental tickets!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts