GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I am thinking about purchasing nerf step bars for my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I have, as many of you also, have looked online at different companies, brands, stainless steel vs. black powder coated, etc.. I have even been Google'ing reviews and such. I'm not all about the "bling" effect or the expensive ones (who can blame me, especially in these times when it takes about $85 to fill my tank these days here in NC, LOL). So, I really want to know what every ones experiences have been like with the different companies (ie. Truck Champ, JC Whitney, Real Truck, etc.). Is there any company/web site that I need to shy away or run away from? I am looking at Ebay listings as well. I also would like some input on stainless vs. black also. My truck is a smokey gray color with the front and rear bumper being the only stainless on the truck and they both have the black plastic molding. I'm all for any personal opinions that anyone may have. Thanks for reading this thread and thank you all in advance for any info/help. Be safe!

Thanks,

Ricky Ashley, NREMT
AKA "Ricky Bobby" "Shake-N-Bake"

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, "Ricky Bobby". I'd go with stainless, I think it looks good with the gray paint. I like Westin's, they stand behind there warranty and you can find them almost anywhere. Have you tried any local truck or speed shops? AutoAnything.com and Jegs.com carry Westin's and have good prices, customer service and free shipping.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Stay away from 4 wheel parts.

I have had CIC boards which were awesome! I have had Westin boards and for just over $200 in black shipped from autoanything is hard to beat. I now have Go Rhino and them seem pretty good.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm a fan of the Go Rhino Dominator II and NFab style bars. Whether you go with black or stainless, just make sure you stay with that theme.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I concur with checking out Autoanyting.com, they've done right by me so far. I ended up getting a set of black powder coated bars, as I didn't want too much "shiney" on my truck. I was concerned about the coating chipping, but after 16,000+miles of long drives between states, they've held up remarkably well!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stay away from 4 wheel parts.
Boy does that ever ring true ! Nothing but trouble there....

I have had Westin's powder coated black very few problems. I am not running Big Country stainless and havent had a problem one, they have held strong for 15K miles.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have mentioned www.autoanything.com to allot of people here on GMTC and others know of there good service and Free shipping on Everything on there sites. Also when you order you can chat and get the discount codes and Apply them in checkout and can even call them to get even more of a discount on top of that. I have almost bought everything for my truck from their site and offer me allot of good deals. Also if you try to buy things that discount codes don't apply too call them up and they will make a discount for you so your in good hands there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with you 100% about Westins. They look great and they stand behind their product. If my silverado hadn't had the dealer installed 6" steps on it, i would have gotten Westins. Stainless all the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts