Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Amen. Never forget.......

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Paladin, want to make sure you are not forgotten as well. Did you receive any fallout from the hurricane? My brother is in your neck of the woods and said they didn't get more than a bit of rain, but felt like it was normal. Just checking to see that you were ok too.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your concern JackE. Although I did prepare for it, we were fortunate to be out of the path of the storm. We got some rain from the outer bands and that was it.

I have been through hurricanes and grateful I did have to contend with this one. At the same time my heart and prayers go out to the people who went through it and now have to deal with the aftermath. Also a heartfelt thank you to the emergency responders who are providing assistance and relief.

Reactions: JackE

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have a son in Mooresville too. He said they had some power loss and a lot of rain, but otherwise OK. My sister has 3 houses in New Bern, but fortunately moved from there about a month ago. One house was flooded and has a tree on top of it, one just a tree in the front yard tipped over, but the house she was living in was destroyed along with the rest of that neighborhood. I lived through a couple close call tornados in Wisconsin. I can only imagine what those people are going through now. Like you, thoughts and prayers to the victims, gratitude for the emergency responders and volunteers who give their time to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts