GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well, i gotta new truck. 2001 chevy z71 ext cab, 5.3 engine, 32 inch bfgoodrich mts. i just put a 3 inch body lift on it not too long ago. As of now, all i have done to it has, cut off the stock muffler and just had a turn down welded onto the stock pipe. and of course, the body lift. what i want to do to it in the future, is black it out. what im thinking about doing is painting the rims black. would this look good? or should i just wait till i get some actual black rims, which might be a while... lol but, if anyone has any ideas for the truck, let me know. im always looking to improve the look of it. thanks guy!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Which rims do you have? the stock 16's? They look decent blacked out but if it were me I would save up for aftermarket wheels. Pro Comp makes good quality black wheels that aren't too expensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't remember if they are the stock 17" or 16" set or not... I think the 17"s, but I'm not 100% sure. But, yes, I am deff planning on saving up for a set, I was just curious to know if I should black these out for the look I want before I get the aftermarket rims, if that makes any sense. A buddy of mine said they would look weird blacked out on my truck, he's into low rider trucks and all that, so I don't think he fully understands the look I'm going for.. lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If you're going for the lifted/ off-road look, the blacked out stock wheels would look alright until you get an aftermarket set of wheels. I say go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts