GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting an exhaust on my 04 2500 6.0 v8. Which do you guys perfer. im looking at getting flowmaster, gibson, or magnaflow. Let me know what everyone thinks or what everyone has. -Billy

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I have Flowmasters on my pickup, Trans Am, Formula and Durango. They all sound great, but can be a little loud. I have the Magnaflow on my Suburban and it is louder than stock, but very mellow compared to the Flowmasters. I am pleased with both.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I will be getting Magnaflow when I do mine...

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive heard magnaflow before, but how is it on these trucks, i was thinknig of doing a high flow cat from then and a magnaflow muffler with the single in and dual out, would that sound good?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
when I get the cash up, I'm planning on completley redoing my exhaust on the 'burb to go true duals with hooker headers flowmaster exhaust. I never though about what I'm going to do about cats until now...how exspensive are those nowadays...

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
60 for a catalytic converter? I thought those things were usually 200-300....

·
Registered
40 Posts
well mine was universal, thats what i spent, at most it will be like 100$. u just gotta shop around, of course i ordered my online and i know its magnaflow cuz its stamped right on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I bought my 01 HD 2500 I talked to all the exhaust companies , they all said that duals would mess with the torque so they then only offered 4 inch single . I bought Billy Boat {he took over try-y or one of those companys at the time} It's been great .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a Magnaflow on my 03 2500HD 6.0 yesterday and its coming off soon. Lost some bottom end torque and the noise is annoying when towing...way too loud....have a Gibsons system on order

·
Registered
21 Posts
My last 4 trucks have had no mufflers at all... The local exhaust shop tubes my exhaust after I hack out the stock muffler. Cheap, good sound (not loud @ all), improves performance & economy. The convertor muffles the noise very well. I've had people ask about my "custom" exhaust, then get on their knees & check it out...
I had a '95 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ a V10, the muffler was the size of a parts washer barrel. After tubing that truck (single exhaust), I increased load capacity by 10% (LOL!) Wife would even ride in it when pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had corsa on my 02 chevy avalanche and loved the sound and performance, when just driving its quiet and when you get on it its load. When i get the xtra $ thats what i plan on putting on my 05 avalanche. I also had the corsa on my 05 gto and makes it like a race car when you get on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Magnaflows are my favorite because of their straight through design, they flow better than most mufflers on the market (ex. flowmaster). They also offer different lengths (longer ones are quieter). They are all reversable because of the straight through design and offer many different inlet/outlet sizes.

If you go with a single in / dual out make sure that you keep the outlet pipes @ 2.25" that will keep you from losing your low end torque but will still flow more than a single 2.5 - 3" which is more than likely what the inlet size will be on most mufflers.

I will be putting a DynoMax Super Turbo on mine. Mainly because it will be almost free. The Dynomax is a kinda like the Magnaflows except the inside tube runs back and forth 3 times. The Dynomax is usually quieter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I HAVE CORSA EXHAUST ON MY 2003 TAHOE. SOUNDS ALLSOME WHEN YOU TAKE OFF AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT. VERY QUIET WHEN YOUR ON THE HIGHWAY. STRAIGHT THROUGH DESIGN AND SS. :great:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flowmaster

i have a 1500 silverado with the 5.3 v8. I have flowmaster 40 i would highly recomend getting flowmaster if you want a nice deep clean sound.
Im looking at getting an exhaust on my 04 2500 6.0 v8. Which do you guys perfer. im looking at getting flowmaster, gibson, or magnaflow. Let me know what everyone thinks or what everyone has. -Billy

·
Registered
380 Posts
Flowmaster Super 44!!!
MagnaFlow is louder than stock, but not as aggressive as Flowmaster. I have used both products before, but I have not used Gibson.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have flow masters on my silverado and i think they sound awsome they are 2 1/2 inch dual, i think they are 40 series mufflers some people say they increase horse power i didnt notice i was going for sound anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just replaced my Magnaflow single exit with a Gibsons dual in single out...way nicer sounding in my opinion, it now has that bigblock rumble with way less cab resonance and it improved my low end power...:happy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts