GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, another new guy here from East TX. My name is DJ and i drive a 2008 crew cab Silverado Z71. I work as a pipeline surveyor in the east texas and northern louisiana area, and have been doing so for about 2.5 years now. I've only had this truck for about 6 months or so now. I traded up from a 2002 silverado 2500HD 4x4 with a 6in life and 35s. So far my new-to-me 08 has a dumped Flowmaster and a pair of 12" Kicker CVTs under the back seat. Future plans inclue a Westin bullbar, 6in suspension lift and 3in body lift. I'm not sure yet what's the largest size tires i can run on that setup without trimming anything. Any information would be much appreciated, and i look forward to chatting and BSin with the lot of you.

DJ

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Hey DJ
Welcome to the club! Congrats on the new truck.. Sounds like your ride will be pimpin' by summer!! Im modding my new-to-me Envoy I just got 4 weeks ago.. Got new exahust going in next week, Westin Grille GUard, new grille and new bangin' rims and tires. Dont forget to post pics too!!

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, DJ. Sounds like a nice truck.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I understand about the chrome stuff. both trucks look good.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!!....nice lookin' rides!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I can definitely sympathize with you...for me, lifting was definitely my best mod, especially since I off-road so much. Hopefully, you'll get back up there soon.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome to the club! I used to live in Tyler for a few years. I still go back every now and then (have some family in the area). It's a pretty good place to be.

Anyway, you have a nice looking, ride there! Good call on dealing with the chrome, too.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Welcome to the club both your old and your new trucks look very nice can't wait to see the mods for your new one

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club DJ. I also like your old truck

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Negative. 12" is a safe bet depending on the wheels. I'm at 10" and I know 37's would rub. There was a guy on another forum running 37's with 13" of lift and he still rubbed a little. His wheels were like mine though I think (x10's with a negative offset.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
add a 3in body lift and the front valence being removed? i was just guessing considering my 02 3/4 ton had 6in and cleared 35s with minor trimming

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts