GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2006 Silverado W/T, 4.8L with 8ft bed and 60,000 miles. Very basic and blah. I did install an after market air filter with forced air. Looking to upgrade anywhere I can. Just started looking at headers. Not looking to make it a show truck, just more fun and a little nicer. Any suggestions will help.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, maybe a Diablo Preditor programmer next. MarylandSpeed.com has them for $279.00 shipped.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!! Can you post some pics of your ride? That will help others makes suggestions. Also, what are you looking to do in terms of making it "nicer?" Audio, performance, accessories, off-road, street, etc. The more info we have the more relevant and better ideas we can toss your way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that, definitely in the performance area. I have been looking at headers. Not sure whats better short or long tube. Someone also suggested a programmer which Im looking into. Pictures will come soon.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C !

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
If you go with headers and don't have to worry about state inspections then I would go with long tubes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No inspection for me. My truck is registered in MI even though I live in NC. Plus I'm military so I do everything through the mail.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome to the club. Long tubes will pass in NC just throwin it out there but I would do a tuner before I do headers. Have you done any other exhaust mods like a cat back yet?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, the truck is 99% stock. Only change is an after marker cone air filter. So then after programmer, headers?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club CS.
X2 on the long tube headers if you can find them for the 4.8

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts