GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front left tire is rubbing the wheel well (when it is turned completely to the left or right) after it was replaced due to a blow out. The new tire is identical to the old one (same size and make). My 2004 GMC Sierra has 20 inch rims with 275/55R20 tires. I have had them for 4 years and never had this problem. I had the alignment checked and the front tires were toed out. The alignment was fixed but the truck still roams to the left a bit when driving. Not sure why the tire is rubbing. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. As to the truck roaming, sounds like worn front suspension parts, balljoints, tierod ends idler etc... How many miles on truck and is the front suspension factory original?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes, the front suspension is factory except for the shocks which I replaced about a year ago. My truck has 99,500 miles. Not sure if the blown tire (tread completely ripped off) could have damaged any of the front suspension. I want to rotate the tires and put the new one in the back and maybe that will help the roaming (pulling) problem, but I am still concerned about the rubbing, especially because it is only doing it where the new tire is and never did it before the blwon tire. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Your truck has almost 100,000 miles, I'm sure you have worn front suspension parts.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
X2 on the worn suspension parts...could be your balljoints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts