GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Nice site you have here, I wanted to make a post introducing myself and my Burb to you folks.

I have a 99 Burb K2500 with 80,000 miles on it. It is in excellent condition in and out, looks like it is new. :)

I have the 454 Vortec motor with the 4l80E HD trans, 4.10 rear gears and full Tow package. This Burbs only job in life is to tow my 7000LB travel trailer along with the wife, kids and our Doberman camping on the weekends. It does the job well. :lol:

I have done a few small Mods to the truck. I have installed a K&N FIPKII Cold air induction kit. I recently upgraded the exhaust system to a "50" series flowmaster muffler with custom bent dual tailpipes including Chrome tips. I decided to have the tips angled outwards behind the rear tires so I dont have to suck exhaust fumes when hooking/unhooking the trailer. I had Jessie @ wait4me custom tune my PCM for me, he changed the shift points, increased the timing and removed some of the TQM settings. Runs awesome. I am going to send it back to him soon when I upgrade my tire size to have him change the speedo calibration, while it is there I am going to have him disable the passlock system for me.

I have a bunch of questions to ask and maybe I can help answer some questions while I am here. I am going to try and insert a picture of my Burb in this post if I can figure it out. :)

Hopefully that worked and you can see my Subussan (as the wife calls it)

Thanks
Rc

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great burb... I always like the secret service look of the black burbs. I use my mine mostly for towing too and you just can't beat the 454. I'm going to get new dual pipes this year but was thinking about going straight out the back. I know this is a pain when hooking up the the TT. Have you noticed a difference in the sound when the pipes are straight out the back as opposed to out the sides like yours? :?:

Roger

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Yeah, love the "secret service" looking burband. Like in the Clear and Present Danger movie from the Tom Clancy book with Harrison Ford. Those things take missiles and still don't just blow up completely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you figured out how to disable the Passlock system? Our Burb is a 99 1500 and we are having issues with the Passlock system. I'd love to know how to disable it so it doesn't leave us stranded again. Any ideas?

·
Registered
561 Posts
welcome to the group ask away with the questions, but to help us help you do a site search for the topic first and then if not found or if you need to clear up a question ask away....mike

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site and nice Burb you got there!:great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
mine may pass for secret service.... one of those ones steve was talking about that got hit by a missle.:great:

·
Registered
19 Posts
welcome to the group ask away with the questions, but to help us help you do a site search for the topic first and then if not found or if you need to clear up a question ask away....mike
Not sure if this was directed at me .... but just in case: I did a search, and one of the few threads I found related to the Passlock system was this one, so I responded to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts