GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.:money:

I have a:
2006 Gmc sierra SLE 1500 2wd. ext. cab stock chrome 17" rims (stock suspension)

I am looking to add a RC 3" lift spindle to my truck to level out the front (package also comes with 2" rear blocks). I have decided after much research not to crank the torsion bars (yes 2wd w/ torsion bars), but for this setup to achieve level, I believe cranking the torsion bars was my only option.

Reasons for the lift was to clear a 285/70/17 Nitto terra grappler, but due to high gas prices I am looking at the 265/70/17 general grabber A/T (which is the same size highway tire I am running now and I believe biggest size general grabber makes in this size) I know some say I might lose nothing or even 1-2 mpg with the jump from 265 to 285, but hey for a long distance college kid, I can feel the lose of those mpg in my pocket.

Would a 3" lift in the front (possibly making it level) make the 265 look to small (pics?), and anybody have pros/cons for the general grabber? (I have heard close to 95% good things about the nitto terra grapplers, so we are good there)

Any input is much appreciated, or IMO's, if I need to clear any of this up I will try.
Thanks fella's
God Bless

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
cant really help you out, but Ill give it a bump so its back to the top on the front page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts