GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Mike. I have been working on my 65 c10 for along time now. JUst thought i would join up with a new forum and see whats going on. Looks good so far

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Hello, My name is Mike. I have been working on my 65 c10 for along time now. JUst thought i would join up with a new forum and see whats going on. Looks good so far
Awesome, I love that year pickup. How long is a long time? What are you looking to do with it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lucky. My neighbor has a 65 SWB stepside that I keep trying to get him to sell me. Its been sitting for over a decade, which is just a shame.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome to the forums! My first ride when I got my license was my Dad's 65 GMC w/305E V6 and 1bbl Stromberg Carb. I was the 3rd generation to drive this pickup as it belonged to my Grandfather before he passed away. Anyways, glad you found us!:great:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome-good state,good roads,great rest stops, nice folks

Mike,welcome.I'm also kinda new here-maybe 6 weeks.
I wish I had $1000 for every time I've driven completely across your state.I'd have at least $50,000.Texas has very good roads(80 mph speed limit on I-10 between San Antonio and El Paso),very nice, very clean, very plentiful rest stops,and nice folks.Of course it also has lots of "middle of nowhere," also,so I hope my "new" 1998 Suburban with 196,000 miles is up to it.I plan to put in a new GM motor, but I'll be crossing it before I get the chance,and the $$,to do that.
I do love those old Chevy trucks.They have very clean,open engine bays-easy to work on.
Luck,
Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Since no one else has mentioned it, I will, WE NEED PICTURES!! Oh, and welcome to the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts