GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to be exact. I've been in a little over 10 years doing a wide variety of career fields...logistics, security police and information management.

I have a black 2001 K1500 V8 5.3L Suburban LT with Goodyear Fortera with Silent Armor tires.

I don't know too much about trucks yet, but will be looking to make some upgrades soon. Right now all I have is a K&N air filter. I'm looking to put in a CAI, an instrument cluster replacement and do some retuning. I found a Trip Dog Downloader on stylintrucks.com (http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category|category_root|-28=Performance&category|cat_-28|220=Tuners,+Programmers+&+Chips&canned_results_trigger=&selected_prod_ids=5821)
What do you guys think??? Is there another good tuner that's cheaper that you know of?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
:sign0016: and 330 bucks for a programmer isn't to bad. What are you mainly going for, performance or economy? Aslo you may not see a huge difference in performance going from a K&N Drop in filter to new Intake system. You will see a very small improvement in HP and Gas probly 1-2 HP and maybe .5 mpg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome!:party:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the Site :great:
That not tooo bad for a hand held programmer .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:sign0016: and 330 bucks for a programmer isn't to bad. What are you mainly going for, performance or economy? Aslo you may not see a huge difference in performance going from a K&N Drop in filter to new Intake system. You will see a very small improvement in HP and Gas probly 1-2 HP and maybe .5 mpg.
I'm kinda going for both performance and economy...but the emphasis would be fuel economy.

Should I hold off on upgrading the intake system until I can afford to also put in a new exhaust from the headers on back...or would that not really do too much for fuel either?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts