the fleet is all gm

2003 tahoe
1994 roadmaster
1980 trans am
1977 scottsdale

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site Brett! We're being invaded by our friends from the North. That's ok, as long as I can still go up and ski Whistler it's all good. :great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site Brett! We're being invaded by our friends from the North. That's ok, as long as I can still go up and ski Whistler it's all good. :great:
Just makin' sure theres the right mix of stump jumpers and yankees...J/K :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Again welcome aboard dude, glad to see another old school GM guy, we are a dieing breed.

These new kids don’t even know what a carburetor is. Never mind how they work.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Again welcome aboard dude, glad to see another old school GM guy, we are a dieing breed.

These new kids don’t even know what a carburetor is. Never mind how they work.
Are you kidding me. I was born and raised on carbs. I love the old days...Fenders the size of Texas, Car doors you had to take a run at to close, belching blue smoke, gas gulping, tree killing cars. Thats when things made more mechanical sense to me. Now its computer does this computer takes care of that. When it quits I'm left scratching my head.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Are you kidding me. I was born and raised on carbs. I love the old days...Fenders the size of Texas, Car doors you had to take a run at to close, belching blue smoke, gas gulping, tree killing cars. Thats when things made more mechanical sense to me. Now its computer does this computer takes care of that. When it quits I'm left scratching my head.

hmmmm....I don't think you were one of the kids he was talking about:lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
the elegant grace of the rochester quad :cool: :cool:
According to a buddy of mine (who happens to like rice rockets) a carburetor is the equivalent of a fuel leak attached to the intake manifold. I just laughed
and told him that my fuel leak could backfire more horses than his TPI. :lol: (this was back when I drove a '77 Dodge powerwagon)
Welcome to the Forum, Brett!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
According to a buddy of mine (who happens to like rice rockets) a carburetor is the equivalent of a fuel leak attached to the intake manifold. I just laughed
and told him that my fuel leak could backfire more horses than his TPI. :lol: (this was back when I drove a '77 Dodge powerwagon)
Welcome to the Forum, Brett!
Nice comeback. I always tell someone who puts down carburetor. That if it weren’t for carbs they would have been walking for the last 100 years, and all the older rice burner were carbureted to.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice comeback. I always tell someone who puts down carburetor. That if it weren’t for carbs they would have been walking for the last 100 years, and all the older rice burner were carbureted to.
I have never had a preference one way or the other...although I am a big fan of the dual quad and the triple deuce set-ups! Whatever my vehicle has in it when I buy it is generally what will be in it when I sell it or bury it!! This one is a bit different in that I will be trying to save the money to put a MPI system on it instead of using TBI...it will be a while though because I have to save money for a down payment on a house before I do anything vehicle related...that way I will have a garage to work on my stuff!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts