GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all new guy looking for a suburban. This is strange as I am a Ford guy,but they do not make anything that will work for us. The biggest question I have is did they graft the roofs on to a regular or crew cab pick up to make these? I have found a 87 3/4 ton 4x4 with a newer jasper 350 fi. in it but there is cracking body filler on the roof just behind the very front doors. The folks selling it are asking $3500.00. Is this really out of line? Seems a little high to me but what does a Ford guy know?The only other things I can find are the front seats are shot,a few small leaks from runnig gear and very little rust down low. It has about 156,000 miles on the whole deal about 12,000 on the new motor.

Thank you in advance for any help,Jeremy

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Yes that is a little high, depending on condition and where you are from.

Not sure about the roof thing.

Oh Ya Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Chesapeake Va. It could use a respray on the paint. That does not bother me as much as the body filler on the roof.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site.

Suburbans were built on the same general chasis from 1973-1991. You're talking about an 87? In 88 GM came out with the GMT400 C/K pickups while the suburban stayed on the same chasis. I believe that 1973-1987 were all based on the C/K pickup chasis. I'm not sure how they were fabricated, if the body panels were made specifically for the burban (I assume they were) or if they were welded on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts