GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,204 Posts
Year of the truck in question is needed to tell you the most. However just a good port and polish will help the vortec heads the most since they already flow pretty good. Also a cam would be your best bet to get something out of it. If you are looking for flow parts.

· Registered
8,204 Posts
On a street head, gasket match the intake, exhaust and clean up the valve pockets. As long as you have the heads and manifold off do a camshaft change.
X2 he said it better than me! the 4.3L vortec in your 2000 already has pretty good flowing heads as i mentioned. So doing that will help since for the cost any more spent on a 195HP V-6 is kinda throwing money away except for improving up the factory goodies with a cam and things like that. if you really want more power a blower would do you some good. However the down side is they cost $3K plus and if you really want more motor you can simply sell yours and buy one with a 5.3L in it and you get 295HP right out of the box. However i know you may be attached to your truck so power adders are always a great thing.

To ans your question yes, but spend a few $ on the heads you have now as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.