GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum....just traded in a 2007 Bermuda Blue Metallic Avalanche LT 3 for a Black Silverado LTZ 4x4 with ebony leather interior.....Really enjoyed the Avalanche but the Silverado is a lot more practical for what we need it for...Had window tinted ,black running boards, bed rails and headrest dvd players installed before we got it...then after we got it had the rhino liner put on and changed the rims and tires.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Now your talkin! Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plan on lifing it a little or at least leveling it out....and talking to the dealership right now about ordering the brushed aluminum dash kit to get rid of all the fake wood trim.....the interior is black so I think the brushed aluminum would look a lot better:great:

·
Registered
18 Posts
New LTZ also

Congrats on the LTZ!! This weekend I got a new 2008 Ext.Cab 4wd. I traded my 05 Silverado ext cab with only 20K miles and a 06 Buick LaCross with less than 17K miles.

I'm looking to retire in a year and a couple of months and my wife only drove her car once since we bought it. I got my insurance bill for the next 6 months and a day or so later my tag renewal for the car from the MD MVA, and that made me think about why do we have 2 vehicles, when one or the other of them is sitting in the driveway most of the time. So I wanted a truck with the luxurey the Buick had and the LTZ meet that criteria.

I was hoping to find a 2wd version, but there were none with in a 300 mile area. Then we thought that maybe we might be better off getting 4wd, should we move to PA, where my retirement wouldn't be taxed or to VA to be closer to our son who wants us to move there and he gets alot of snow in those mountians also.

My truck is Black, which I didn't particularly want, since I've had black twice before, and the interior is light Chasmere, which I did want, since my last 2 Silverado both had dark gray interiors. It seemed that about 80% of the LTZ's I found on-line in this area were black.

So for the 3 days I've had it I've been pleased with it and if it's like the other 2 that I have had it will be a great truck.

I did have something happen tonight. It has sat in the driveway since yesterday around 3 pm and we had a little bit of snow. I went out around 5 pm this evening, but before going out I remote started it. When I got in the heated seats were on, but the heater/defrosters weren't and it was 30 degrees at that point, so the heater should have been blowing away. Also the DIC was saying my left tire was flat. There was a bit of sonw around the tire and wheel which I brushed away, but it still said the same thing. I drove it for a few miles and it corrected itself. Anyone else ever had eithe of these two problems? My Buick was the only other vehicle I owned with remote start and auto heat and it never had this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts