GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the Admin, a PM on a few things about the new forum. My biggest complaint is the size of the screen when repying to a thread. The top bar ( lower section) stays on your screen when you scroll down. This limits what you see in your reply box. He said, they will look into a fix, but this will take some time. It will take a little getting used to, but all in all it is different. I am a little disapointed to see the top banner has 2 pics of new trucks. I wish they would have used a new truck and an older truck together, but I can live with it like it is. So the Admin said post a thread so others can also reply there thoughts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's gonna take some getting used to, like anything else new. How do you get the notification that the threads below have not been updated since your last login (or something like that)?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The alerts are also different. You get a dot on your avatar now. Once you click on your avatar, it gives you your alerts. Adding a pic is different also. You just click on the paper clip, next to the chain, and smily face, bottom left. This will open your folders. But in a pm, there is an image icon to click on to add a pic.
20190914_174820_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Peter, the new posts update nothing new since your last visit thing still works like it used to.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its hard to find your pics. We need a tab for pics, or gallery, or something in your profile pic, top right.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I wish they would have used a new truck and an older truck together, but I can live with it like it is. So the Admin said post a thread so others can also reply there thoughts.
It would be cool if the banner changed to match the particular forum of the vehicle you were reading in. So if in the Blazer forum it would show blazers/jimmys, or if you were in the C/K truck forum it would show trucks that matched that.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm running FireFox it looks good. Although it would be nice if the "Alerts" icon worked the same way it used to where you can just hover you mouse over it and see them.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I guess its the android version that needs work. Also, cant just click on someone elses avatar, and look at there albums, or pics.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Well over all I think it well worth it, sure it's got some bugs, but it is really Internet Brands baby. So I appreciate what they do. Not sure of all the moving parts, but I trust them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah I found that the old link doesn't work anymore. Just click on the GM Truck Club icon in the upper left and then bookmark it after it redirects you. At least that worked for me.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Thanks. My gallery pix are messed up too. This is like going to your favorite hardware store and they rearranged everything and discontinued some of your favorite stuff.

Yeah I found that the old link doesn't work anymore. Just click on the GM Truck Club icon in the upper left and then bookmark it after it redirects you. At least that worked for me.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is like going to your favorite hardware store and they rearranged everything and discontinued some of your favorite stuff.
Its funny you say this. Our oldest hardware store in town, has sold out to True Value. I hate it. The original store had things you just could not find anywhere else. The owners just got so old they could not run the store any more, so there grand kids took over and sold out. It is very frustration to go there now, and it is less than 1 block from our shop so we still go there anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts