GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for the nice site, I have always owned a truck but the Silverado is one of the nicest that I have purchased that for a basic truck had a lot of extras.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Welcome aboard

Keep us informed about what you think of it after a while. We love to hear good news.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I've driven the 2008 1500 Silverado 4WD, but not the 2500. Keep us up to date on how you like it.

I agree, the new 2008's are some of the best driving trucks I've ever been in.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driving home on the freeway with the XM radio it was like I was in a luxury vehicle the ride was so nice.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
:sign0016: to the site!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all, I took it for a drive tonight just to enjoy the XM and blue lights from the gauges. Tomorrow I get to put several hundred miles on it. I also dig the standard bed although I call it a short bed. I bought a regular cab standard bed 2wd 4.3 V6 automatic to use like a car but I like to sit up high and like the safety of driving a truck. I also hope to get decent fuel economy. I already have a set of black mag wheels ordered so I can use the stock wheels for snow tires.
The feature that really won me over is the lumbar adjustment, had it on the Colorado and HHR and wouldnt want to be without it. Onstar and XM were a nice touch for such a basic truck. The 40 20 40 "bench" seat also looks great.

·
Banned
372 Posts
Yeah the onstar was a great selling feature for me too...They call you a cab when your drunk.. awesome
Did you get the full onstar package? I got to find out the hard way that I didn't have the turn by turn directions thing and they want you to pay much more for that. I was lost for an hour, but I got pissed and told them they could take their service and shove it...I'm not going to be blackmailed because I am lost to give them a ton of money to talk me back to the right way. I just print out my mapquest directions now. I'll be installing an onboard satellite navigation system head unit when I start doing my interior...then I wont have to rely on mapquest any more!:great:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you, I just took a picture and had some wheels installed from Discount Tire, great deal if you can still find them, Victory Hauler alloy wheels has the Nascar name on them, $50 each.

·
Banned
372 Posts
As far as I know I have the full package including 30 mins of onstar phone. which is pretty cool if I do say so myself. :)
Yeah that is cool. I have used that feature a few times. I'm blessed with NEXTEL phone service and if you get off the beaten path there is no signal.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yeah being from new orleans during hurricane season theres no chance of getting through on you cell during evacuations. Everyone I knew who had onstar was talking away to people.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I use my Onstar hands free calling occasionally while driving and one thing it comes in handy for as it gets a stronger signal than standard cell phones. I was in the mountains hunting a few weeks ago and had to call my son and tried my ATT phone, a friends Nextel, and Onstar was the only thing to make the call. I have tested this feature twice and even with a Verizon phone not being able to call out, Onstar saved the day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts