GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Matt, I am from erie pa, i just purchased an 04 suburban, i have a question about the air conditioner,

I bought this truck from Brooklyn NY, i drove it home and the A/C worked 100% the whole way home to erie, now that i am back in town, it will work then every once in a while it will begin to blow heated air, i have figured out that if i disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the air will work again, any suggestions??? i tried turning off the truck then restarting it, no go, i tried turning off the air , and no go, it will work again every time when i dissconnect the battery,

PLEASE HELP

thanks so much everyone

Matt from erie

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sorry can't help with your a/c but I'm sure someone on the site can.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club Matt. I think Megaladon hit the right answer. Somtimes it's the actuator or the control on the door & sometimes it's the door itself not seating, but it's something to do with the blend door

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have read several issues on the net about this problem, particulary with 2004-up, especailly with the electronic climate control, and many of them did have some actuators replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
this is similiar to what happened to my burb (05 z71). You weren't completely clear as to what happened with yours so I will explain what happened with my truck. After doing a tune up I was reconnecting the battery cables and when everything was back up and running found out that my front A/C was not blowing out the vents, just the defrost setting. didn't matter what I set it to on the controls it would blow warm air on the windshield. So after a visit to the friendly neighborhood mechanic, this is what they found :

I would suggest that if you know of a mechanic that can look this up on Napa's NapaFix they do so. It is Repair-Trac #6018

Problem : Air Mix Valve Actuator needs to be recalibratred

Solution : To recalibrate, put vehicle in park and take out key. disconnect negative battery cable from battery, and touch it to the positive cable. reconnect the negative cable, put key in cylinder and turn to "ON" position - do not start vehicle. Leave the key in this position for a minimum of 40 seconds. after waiting turn the key to the "OFF" position. Start the vehicle and check for proper HVAC operation.

hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts