GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! This place needs more activity. I'll put my 2 cents in when I can.

I'm a Chevy fan from southeast Mass. I have 3 black chevys. My 04 Silverado 2500HD, daily driver, scrap car hauler, demo derby car hauler, Camaro hauler and all around workhorse for my home and property. My wifes 05 Trailblazer, daily driver, grocery getter and baby hauler. And my 87 Camaro, good weather toy, tire burner, that I completely rebuilt from the ground up.

I have big plans for the HD but they will have to wait untill the warranty runs out and when I'm done making payments. I was a tech at a GMC dealer for a while but haven't worked on GM's proffessionally in about 8 years, I've been in the chevy parts business since then. I still know a few things and may be able to help here and there with tech questions but I make no promises.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hey, welcome.

Sounds like you're another chevy family as well, glad to have another tech stop by to help out.

What this site needs is only perhaps 5 regular members to get it off the ground. Thanks for helping out.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Cool. I spent a little bit of time in the Northeast. It seemed that there were like maybe 20% trucks on the road and like maybe 20% SUVs and then 60% cars. Is that about right?

In the south and in the west (except for Southern California) it's like 50% SUVs and 20% trucks and then maybe 30% cars. That's what it seems like.

·
Registered
46 Posts
id say the truck % is way up from that..up here 4 wheel drive is popular and its a "blue collar" area so you see alot of trucks and suvs

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, I've done some business with guys from Mass, really down-to-earth folks.

What gets me is how close together all of those cities are up there. In Texas, it's 4-hours from Dallas to San Antonio, but it's still the same state. Drive south for 4 hours out of Boston and you're into New York, 2-states away.

Driving south from New York for 4 hours and your past DC already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's pretty congested up here. I've got 2 acres and for this area that's alot of land. I work at a Volvo dealer in an "upscale" part of the state. It's mainly cars in this area except for the soccer moms with their Volvo/BMW/Mercedes/Lexus/Infinity SUVs.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, if you ever look at the google maps, that part of the country is pretty much developed just about everwhere along the seaboard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts