GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I found some rims that I would love to install on my nnbs silverado! I will hopefully be installing a ReadyLift 2.25 Leveling Kit on my truck soon! So I was wondering, would these Ultra Wheels fit on my Silverado, along with some (or close to) 33" tires. The rim specs are 18 x 9, with a backspacing of 5.00 " and an offset of 00mm. Would this rim fit along with those (or close to) 33" tires? And also, it talked about a tire pressure sensor that I may need (?) My Silverado is a W/T model so would it have it? Any help would be appreciated!

ultra_badlands_pol_ci3_l.jpg
Photo0337.jpg

Link included :

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=2088984P&wheelMake=Ultra&wheelModel=Badlands&wheelFinish=Polished&showRear=no&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Silverado+1500+2wd&autoYear=2009&autoModClar=Regular+Cab&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=All&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=BrandR

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey man with the backspacing and offset and 18x9 rims you shouldn't have any problem running a 33 12.50 or 32 12.50 with no problem with the readlift 2.25 inch leveling kit. I had the same readylift leveling kit on my nnbs with 33 13.50 cooper stt's but had some rubbing and had to cut some of the front fender liner the plastic and it was find but i would recommend a 32 12.50 or 33 12.50 to be honest. I think this setup would be good and look good also idk i believe your truck has tire sensor's when you buy the truck just like mine but you can get the sensor's reprogrammed for bigger tire spec's than stock. I never had a problem with psi in tires being i run my 33's around 36psi and have never reprogrammed them. I hope this helps and if you need anymore info let me know bud.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man with the backspacing and offset and 18x9 rims you shouldn't have any problem running a 33 12.50 or 32 12.50 with no problem with the readlift 2.25 inch leveling kit. I had the same readylift leveling kit on my nnbs with 33 13.50 cooper stt's but had some rubbing and had to cut some of the front fender liner the plastic and it was find but i would recommend a 32 12.50 or 33 12.50 to be honest. I think this setup would be good and look good also idk i believe your truck has tire sensor's when you buy the truck just like mine but you can get the sensor's reprogrammed for bigger tire spec's than stock. I never had a problem with psi in tires being i run my 33's around 36psi and have never reprogrammed them. I hope this helps and if you need anymore info let me know bud.

thank you so much! I'm excited now. :rofl: All I need now is to save up xD It'll be well worth it though! Time to decide what kind of tire to run now. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would be very careful saying that you can run a 33x12.50 on those wheels with only a leveling kit, "no problem." Op, you would need to do considerable fender trimming (metal) for that.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Thats a good looking wheel, but as Blackout07 said a 33x12.50 won't fit with just a leveling kit. Its to wide. With just a leveling kit you need a narrow 32"-33" tire on a 7"-8" rim. If you want to run a 33x12.50 you need aleast a 4" lift.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shall take all that into consideration. :) What tire specs would you recommend? for the 18 x 9 rim to fit without rubbing and trimming?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ha exactly what i said lol i said i would consider a 32 over a 33 12.50 or 33 13.50 that i ran!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 07 NNBS with a 2" leveling kit. I'm running 20x9 ultra wheel with a 30mm offset. I have 295x55 nitto trail grapplers and the side lugs rub the sway bar at full turn. SUX!!! That tire size is right at a 33x12.50. Everything I read said it would clear but not on my ride. I would go with a 32 to prevent the rubbing. That's my opinion anyway. In my profile is an album with the picture of the truck with the wheels on. The 00 offset on the wheel you want will clear it from rubbing your sway bar but might make it contact the front bumper or outer portion of the rear fender. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would run the 2.25 readylift leveling kit or a 2.5 inch and you should be fine i had no rubbing with 33's with it leveled after the 33 13.50's were off just maybe have to trim the plastic some but aslong as you take the time to make them even and measure like i did and cut it straight, noone will be able to tell man.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I would run the 2.25 readylift leveling kit or a 2.5 inch and you should be fine i had no rubbing with 33's with it leveled after the 33 13.50's were off just maybe have to trim the plastic some but aslong as you take the time to make them even and measure like i did and cut it straight, noone will be able to tell man.
X2 on what he said i would look into the ccm 2.5" lift

·
Registered
23 Posts
Priced a few lifts today, think I'm going to go with the 3.5 suspension lift by RC and a .25" wheel spacer. I don't plan on running any larger tire than a 33 so I hope it will help! Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just through talking with some others the Cooper Discoverer STT has fit on numerous trucks with the set up I have and similar to what you are looking for. For those guys there is no problems at all with rubbing. That tire is rated 33x12.50 but is slightly shy of those measurements. I think if you went with a 32x11.50ish tire you would definetely clear without scrubbing. Rough Country has a 3.5 inch suspension lift for about $450. That would give you the clearance you want. Best thing is the lift isn't too complicated as long as you have a basic understanding of cars. Good Luck

·
Registered
992 Posts
cutting of what ? the plastic or the parts on the truck

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Top Gunz or the CCM has to have the studs cut. Can't remember right now which but one for sure does.

·
Registered
992 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts