GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the growth and bandwidth requirements, I had to move up to a faster server this morning. It took about 90 minutes, but as everyone should be able to tell, it's much faster and allow up to continue to grow.

If anyone notices that it's any faster (or slower??) please report back to me. Feedback is very welcome.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, I can tell that there is a BIG difference in the speed of the server. Much faster to connect and the laaaagggggggggggg time has virtually gone away.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When we get about double the hits that are currently being received, I'll end up popping for a dedicated server. Then things should really fly. Right now I'm on a pretty beefy package through my web host, so this should be ok for a while...maybe through the end of the year? End of the summer?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...I may have to consider a "donations" section at some point to help pay for a dedicated server, but that's a ways off, hopefully.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...I may have to consider a "donations" section at some point to help pay for a dedicated server, but that's a ways off, hopefully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts