GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got my new shocks ordered. After much research i decided on the Bilsteins. i think i got a good deal from autopartswharehouse.com. i bought all 4 for $290. can't wait to get them on and see how much the ride improves. :sign0011:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey man let me know how it ride's because adding different shock's is another thing i might do to my truck also since Rough Country's shocks pretty much are garbage but other than that i love the lift.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Which Bilstein's did you decide on? the 5100s or the HDs?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the hd's

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. I'm sure you will like them.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yeah let us know how they are, I'm thinking of picking up a set for my truck.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got my shocks via UPS. Took a little longer than i would have liked but better late than never. Now I gotta find the time to get 'em on. Shouldn't be too bad i hope, maybe an afternoon? Any of u guys put them on and any tips or things i should know be4 i tackle them?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Let us know when you get them on... What did you have on before? How many miles on them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
did you get shocks to fit you leveling kit? i need to get shocks for my 07 with 90,000 i believe they are original. let us know how they are.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I am replacing the originals after 66,000 miles. doesn't seem like a lot of miles be4 the shocks started leaking but i think whoever owned the truck be4 me was pretty hard on it. they look like the same size as the oems when compared side by side so they should fit nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts