GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud owner of a 99 ExCab Pewter Z71 Silverado. It's got the 5.3 Vortec and man has this thing got power. I traded in a Nissan Xterra and I'm still getting used to all the room. This is my first domestic vehicle since I've been driving, I've had a 90 Nissan p'kup, a 02 Nissan Frontier, and the Xterra and none of them compare to this truck! I'm a full-size truck man forever now.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome! Chevy is in your blood now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm the proud owner of a 99 ExCab Pewter Z71 Silverado. It's got the 5.3 Vortec and man has this thing got power. I traded in a Nissan Xterra and I'm still getting used to all the room. This is my first domestic vehicle since I've been driving, I've had a 90 Nissan p'kup, a 02 Nissan Frontier, and the Xterra and none of them compare to this truck! I'm a full-size truck man forever now.
Congrats on your purchase ! :biggrin:

·
Registered
161 Posts
HAHA WE GOT ANOTHERONE!!lol good choice man. in my opinion those rice burners rust out sooo fast!!!i cannot stand that new toyota commershal makin their truck out to be the best. its not..chevy/gmc will allways be the best. cant beat them. congrats on the new truck though

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome & Congrat's on the new Chevy! There is a lot to be said for fuel mileage, but it is hard to think about going back to an import, once you move into the full size trucks! Have fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
in my opinion those rice burners rust out sooo fast!!!i cannot stand that new toyota commershal makin their truck out to be the best. its not..chevy/gmc will allways be the best>>>

I can't speak for the all-new Silverado, but the new Tundra is probably a better truck than my 07 Classic...I just wasn't willing to spend 10-15k more for a comperably equipped Toyota. I had no reason too either, GM has treated me good for the most part. Their products are a hit or miss... but as long as you know what drivetrains to stick with... you'll be fine. If there is one thing I've learned throughout the years, it's that not all GM engines/transmissions are created equal. All of their V8s (with the exception of the Cadillac HT4100 and Cadillac 4-6-8 engine from the early 80s) have all been pretty darn bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Detroit Iron Rules

·
Registered
136 Posts
nothin like being late on the respost but once you go chevy ya never go back hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts