GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone:
I'm new to the site. I purchased a 1999 Chevy Burban LT this weekend and so far I love it. However, there are a few small issues I'd like to fix, and I ran across this great forum which seems to be the place to get questions answered:

1. The heated seats are not working. I checked the main fuse and it's OK.

2. The illumination lights behind the radio buttons and the master light control knob do not work. Checked fuses here as well, all good.

3. The gas gauge needle vibrates very quickly whrn the truck is running (looks blurry).

4. despite following the instructions to a tee, I am unable to program the homelink garage door opener to work with my Wayne Dahlton opener.

Any suggestions on any of these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Patrick

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Welcome aboard, Patrick. Glad your enjoying Burb, I'm not a Burb expert but some probs are generic in nature to GM.

So as for question #3 I think as a group we came up with its either sending unit in tank or grounding issue at tank. Either way the tank must come down. Good Luck

BTW my 99 Savanna has done the gauge thing for 5 yrs...now I have Blurry vison. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Pull the plug at the seat and make sure you have juice at the plug first.

If so then the problem is in the seat heater itself.

Don’t know much about these so I can’t be of much more help than that.

Light control knob needs to be replaced, I would think. Fairly simple pull the cluster cover, a few screws. Then just a couple of screws hold the switch in place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Thanks for the tips fellas. I found a replacement bulb for the light knob at http://autolumination.com (great site) and I found replacement LEDs for the radio at www.corvetteradios.com for $22. Looks like their easy to solder in place.

I haven't checked the seat power yet. I do know that the seatbelt light stays on after I'l lached it, so maybe there is a problem on the seatbelt end. (don't the seatblets have to be latched for the heated seats to work?)

I also just realized that all the automatic door locks are not working properly. this appears to be a common problem on the 99s? Ahhhhg!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts