GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I'm new to the Suburban world!

So, I just got a '99 C1500 with the 5.7L engine. It has 145k on it, but looks like new. It runs great, fluids are all clean and clear, all I found that it needed was to have the windshield replaced (dealer took care of that) and it needed tires!

So far, the family loves it. I'm looking forward to the room to haul softball stuff (I coach 14u girls fastpitch), cub scout stuff (yep, I'm a den leader), and all of my stuff (general packrat).

All of my friends that drive Suburbans say that as long as you take care of the fluids on schedule this thing ought to run for awhile!

A buddy has a 98 that he got with 75k, and it's now over 270k and still runs great.

I read the "How do you get over 200k" thread and it sounds like with fluids and general lube/maintenance I should be fine.

Any other suggestions?

BTW - I've enjoyed reading thru the forum here - looks like a great resource!

Thanks -

Tim the technojunkie

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Just keep up with the regular fluid changes and maintenance and you should be fine, my 86 has over 300k on it and the wife says I go before the old Burb.

Even tho I just got her a 94 with all the bells and whistles.

I think she love the old Burb more than me

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tim, I remember feeling like you when we got our first Suburban 13 years ago! Congratulations! Well, we're on our second Suburban now (this one we got new) and I'm still thrilled. I will always be a Suburban owner from now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts