GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive been running 275/60R20 goodyear wrangler silent armors for about 2 years now and its time for new tires and rims. the original plan was to drop back down to stock rims because i had my time with 20's and theres nothing great about them especially when it comes to curbs lol. but im real set on just gettin some wider 16" rims and going to a 305/70R16 goodyear duratrac (same size tires just wider than before). What pros and cons am i looking at going from 275 to 305???

gas mileage
traction
rolling resistance
performance
etc???

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey guys, ive been running 275/60R20 goodyear wrangler silent armors for about 2 years now and its time for new tires and rims. the original plan was to drop back down to stock rims because i had my time with 20's and theres nothing great about them especially when it comes to curbs lol. but im real set on just gettin some wider 16" rims and going to a 305/70R16 goodyear duratrac (same size tires just wider than before). What pros and cons am i looking at going from 275 to 305???
gas mileage
traction
rolling resistance
performance
etc???

Thanks!
I would think your going to GAIN ride and handling for sure. I don't think there are any significant downfalls that would keep you from not doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts