GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've driven Dodge my whole life but picked up a 1994 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 about a week ago. Came across this site looking for information and ya'll seem to very knowlegable. I have a couple questions about the burb. I was wondering if there are any diagrams out there on the internet as far as engine goes, showing with labels, things under the hood like where power steering fluid goes etc. I know that may sound stupid but I'm new to Chevy and this motor, the 7.4liter 454. Thanks on any info leading me to find a good diagram on this. Also have a question about the tranny. A majority of the time when starting out you have to be very easy accelerating but once your done with that it does fine, pretty positive this is the torque convertor needing to be replaced but am I wrong? Like I said, after starting out trans is fine. Stoping at stop lights and then accelerating it seems like it goes completly outta gear and then will finally catch. I don't wanna ruin this tranny, so i'd like to get this problem straighten out ASAP, just tight with money so it will have to be done when the money is there. I only paid $1,400 for the burban which i thought was a hell of a deal. Thank Ya'll for any info and taking the time to read my post, I look forward to getting to know ya'll and learning more about the suburban.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sorry can't help with your trans issue, but I'm sure someone on this site can. Give it a little time for a response.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. Yeah, its a very minor case, like today it happened once. I can get the convertor and core for around $300 if I decide to go that route, its just a matter of how much it will cost me in labor if I decide to take it to a garage to have it done.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the tranny rebuilt on my 01 silverado once already but every once in a while it does something similar at a stoplight. Frustrating... Hopefully you get it straightened out so you can get that 454 power to the ground!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts