GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the gm truck club. Looking for some advice. I have a 2016 GMC Sierra slt 5.3. Just put on flowmaster American thunder exhaust, Diablo predator 2 chip, edge cold air intake, and a 4 inch lift. I’m looking at increase hp/torque. Any suggestions and brands?
Thank you

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

What size tires?
Axle ratio?

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
Welcome.

You can't chip an OBD2 vehicle, are you saying you added a program tune?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome to the club, sounds like you've done about all you can do without getting into the motor. If you are willing and able or can pay a shop, I would suggest a cam, headers, high flow cats, maybe a little nitrous and some head work

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Stay Loose
** 417 For Ever **

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the club, sounds like you've done about all you can do without getting into the motor. If you are willing and able or can pay a shop, I would suggest a cam, headers, high flow cats, maybe a little nitrous and some head work
Thank you for your reply. I have been looking at a few different headers. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
697 Posts
It depends on your ultimate goal and budget. Short headers will provide better low end power, where as long tube headers will give more power at higher RPMS. If you have the money several companies make quality long tubes plus high flow cats or no cat y pipes. Look into stainless works and American racing headers, they will set you back a pretty penny but well worth it for the quality. Stainless steel is the way to go, if you can't afford a good set now save your money, don't just jump on a cheap eBay set because you got the itch

·
Registered
697 Posts
If you end up wanting shorty's look into Doug Thorley headers, or AFE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts