GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the group and just bought a 90 chevy sportside 4x4. High mileage body 200,000+ with a newer 350. This is my dream truck and I finally got my hands on it. Its rough but is a decent foundation to start on. I'm looking for links and advice for interchangeable parts, cheap popular swaps, mods, recommended deep dish wheel offset and tire size min and max with stock suspension with out rubbing (Preferably a 33s or bigger on 15 inch wheels) I don't want to buy any rims that won't fit. I'm also looking for a good web site to find body upgrades and interior parts such as a modern aftermarket gauge cluster, dash, bench seat swaps, all new carpet, headliner, door panels...ect. I want to change it from factory red on red to all black on black. Truck will "finished product" will be completely blacked out and woodgrain trim on the dash, interior door panels and inside the bed. Any help would and will be greatly appreciated. And the pics are as it sits now I just bought it yesterday lol.. I have the matching wheels for the front just waiting on 4 new tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is another form just for these trucks.www gmt400.com. lmc trucks has most of what you need, but they are expensive. No one makes a replacement dash for these trucks, but the OE dash is painted. Also black was never an interior option, so again you will have to paint. Duplacolor vinal fabric paint is what you want to use for interior plastics. As for tire sizes, that other forum has that info. My 97 Silverado 3 door ext cab, is a 2 WD street truck.

Reactions: PlaywithTBI

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,021 Posts
Nice looking truck. I had a ‘95 extended cab 4x.

Is there a reason you want to move away from the stock 16” 6 lug wheels? I’m not sure if Chevy made a six lug 15 inch wheel.

As far as gauges go you want to check out Dakota digital. 1973- 98 GM Trucks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Less rim means more rubber LOL the bigger the better. And the style of rim I'm fond of is more commonly found in the 15

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,021 Posts
Cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts