GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2011 Silverado this weekend. Broke 100 miles on the drive to the office this morning.

It has the 4.8 Vortec
4x4 manual transfer case (actually prefer it over the push button)
Extended cab

Pretty basic but looking to level it and keep my eyes open for some Z71 wheels.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. And welcome to the club

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Welcome aboard. I agree, the manual 4x4 shifter makes sense and the push button seems out of place.

·
Registered
230 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
WElcome aboard!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club. X2 on the manual over the push buttons. PBs are just one more thing to go wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well it took me 4 years but I finally did it…I sold that 04 Ford 6.0 POS and bought a real truck. Only 3 days in but loving the decision. !st Chevy for me so hoping for the best. Have always lifted and put on a bunch a after market stuff. Not this time…Maybe just a leveling kit and some wheels. We’ll see what happens. 2011 2500HD 6.0 4x4 Silver Crew.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah this is my first Chevy as well.

Back when I was younger I had a Jeep TJ: manual, skids all around, I don't know how many diffrent suspension add ons, and TSL's ect...

This will probally stay closer to stock as I hope it will be my DD for quite some time. I don't see much more than leveling, Z71 wheels and larger tires, bedliner and toolbox. But I think we all know how slippery that slope can be!

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I guess to answer the suggestions for new members: I am 25, from Huntsville, AL and I work in insurance so anyone in AL or TN get with me if you need anything!

Maybe now that message at the top of my screen will go away.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
congrats on the new truck. need to post some pics. Manual transfer case is much better than the push button. Had the manual TC in my 2000 but my current one now has the PB.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome!......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts