GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:
Thought I'd introduce myself. New to this forum, not GM trucks tho.
My present GM is a 97 GMC Suburban K2500 4X4 SLT with a Vortec supercharged 7.4, water injection, headers, dual exhaust, and a transgo shift kit. The ECU has a few tweaks for performance and longevity. The exterior is smoothed and blacked out, billet grill, 3" cowl induction hood, and unknown rims with with Michelin XT tires. The interior is Tan leather Katzkin seats with matching door and side panels, and deep tan wool carpet. At this time I'm working on building an audio/visual system for the interior, 4 headrest monitors, 1 central drop down monitor, and a DVD/CD/Tuner, and amp (maybe a video game for the granddaughter).
I bought the truck totaled 2 years ago and rebuilt almost everything since. The frame is from a 98 K2500 and the interior from a 04. I rebuilt the original eng/trans/t-case and axles and added performance items. I was able to reuse all original sheet metal except the hood and grill.
The truck is a tow rig for other toys and unfortunately sits unused alot.
This is my 5th project GM. First GM rebuild was in 1983, a 74 1 ton my dad bought new and sold me when it was totaled. A totaled 84 S-10 Blazer with a 350/350 combo followed a year later when I started a family. A lowered F/S 80 2wd Blazer was the project of choice for the early 90's. I ended the 90's with a lifted 4X4 straight axle (originally 2 wheel drive) 95 crew cab.
I'm happy with my present truck and suspect it'll be doing hauling duty for quite a few years to come, with my other hobbies there isnt much money or time left to begin another build. And I havent found a totaled Diesel Suburban or Crew Cab that fits into the budget (yet).
Look forward to seeing a few of ya out on the roads.

Tim
Tim

·
Registered
128 Posts
As they would say where Cableguy lives... "How's it goin' Eh?"
Glad to have you join, we may just pass each other on the road!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey Tim Welcome aboard, Sounds like a nice ride. Don't forget to post your ride pictures in garage. If you spent that much time workin' on her. Show her off. We'd love to see it. Post away...eh!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the club Tim.
Sounds like you're having too much fun with all those projects!:biggrin:

Definitely looking forward to seeing some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts