GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my first truck 04 silverado ex cab 2wd, i noticed that i had a couple of gauge lights out so i removed my cluster to change them to find that after i took the damn thing apart they seem to be soldered in, i proceed to install my cluster back in the truck to find that there are more of them out now and the trip button doesnt work, also i noticed that when you are sitting still the speedo does not go back to 0 and i think the tach is off as well, my question is if for some strange reason i have to get a new cluster, do you have to get the dealer to program it or is it plug and play, sorry for the dumb question, i should have just stuck with my WS6 i guess.

KEVIN

·
Banned
163 Posts
You will have to get it programmed. It would be illegal not to. You will also have to put a sticker on the truck( usually they require it to go on the driver's door jamb near the factory info decals/plates )stating a new cluster was added and at what odometer reading/date( it isn't about adding the cluster it is about manually setting the odometer - even if setting to the same miles as the previous one you technically altered it so you need to disclose it - my state anyway and most are the same ). Either the dealer has to program it or many of the aftermarket sources for clusters can do it for a fee( usually $125 ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts