GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got a heck of a deal on a diablo sport tuner u7193 for my 04 silverado z71. I am real excited to start tinkering around, buuut...i really have no idea where to start. I would like to feel some power on the low end and increase my gas mileage. I feel like i can barely burn the tires on dry pavement. Any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Start by installing one of their pre-loaded tunes. Use the 87 Octane tune if you want to run regular gas, or the Diablo Tune if you want more power and are willing to run 93 Octane to get it. Before you install it, be sure to select modify tune and enter your correct tire size and gear ratio.

After you have the tune installed, you need to take it out on the highway and set cruise at a speed that gets you around or just over 2000 rpm. At this point, you can use the Predator's data logging feature to check your Long Term Fuel Trim on both Bank 1 and Bank 2. Once it locks in a number, you need to pull over, turn the truck off, and modify the injector slope within the tune by the same number of percent it is off in you logging, so that you end up with both banks having LTFTs between 0 and -2. **This step is very important to getting the most power from your predator, as well as getting better fuel economy with it**

Once you have that all dialed in, you just need to learn each function of it, and adjust it for what works best for you and your truck. The forums at diablosport.com will also have a lot of good information about how to use it.

Also, if you want to have a custom tune made, you just need to log the correct data and send it to one of DiabloSport's professional tuners. If you choose this route, you can get a tune personalized to your truck without messing with all the settings. One of our members here, 06monteSS, is a DiabloSport tuner, and has nothing but good reviews with his custom tunes. You can contact him here or on the DiabloSport forums if the custom tune route is of interest to you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if i change the fuel mapping on the injectors to where it should be, will that make me be able to roast the tires? I keep hearing about torque management, but i dont want to break the tranny either. Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The injector slope on its own won't make your truck roast the tires, but if it isn't dialled in properly, and gains you have will negated. Also, you will lose fuel economy without proper injector slope, whereas having everything tuned properly can gain economy at the same time as performance. I personally took the torque management off on my truck because it really does pull a lot of power out. I ran it like that for about 10 months before I pulled the tune for the winter, and have torque management turned back off now that the roads are clear again. So far, no ill effects. I find that with so many different adjustments that can be made to the predator's tuning, the trick really is to play around with it a bit, find out what each thing does (I'm not 100% familiar with mine yet), and get it working the best for you and your truck. By playing with settings to what suits my truck best, I was able to spin the tires going into second gear for the first time ever a few days ago. And thats with fairly basic adjustments so as not to break anything. I'm not the best on advising how to adjust each parameter, but I can tell you that if you learn them and get them set properly for the way your truck runs, the predator will do amazing things for you.

Reactions: stephan

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You need to play with the traction control, its in the modify tune section of the Diablo. Go to there website, then to products, put in the preditors part #, it will show the adjustments you can make, Theres a section printed in red letters that says how to adjust, click that on and scroll down to turning off the traction control. It also explains how to adjust the LongTermFuelTrims. This take time but is well worth it. With the LTFT's adjusted you will see a performance gain, better mpg,s and throttleresponse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts