GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Name is Chris I live south of Birmingham, AL.

Just joined today as I picked up a 1989 suburban 1500 2wd over the weekend. So hopefully the truck will be problem free.

But so far had to put master cylinder on, and work on cleaning it up.

Anyway have owned a couple of chevy trucks in the past, a 79 Big10 p/u and a 88 s-10. Recently had a 1979 f-150 I had fixed up nice and also a 88 lincoln lsc which I traded for the burb. Having another kid in sept. so needed more room and something with 4 doors. Obviously the burb has that covered. lol

Also have a 1979 mustang coupe with a 460/c4 combo, lots of other parts, its my drag/play toy.

I have a work truck I take home so my personal cars don't get much mileage put on them.

Anyway thats my brief intro.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Welcome to the site. Hope you like tbe burb. Having a lot of kids, you'll fill that beast up before you know it. I've got one kid and it fills my TB up like nothing!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Chris...welcome to the "burbs". What's this "cleaning-up" the suburban, you speak of...are we supposed to do that sort of thing? Is there a limit to the amount of dirt and grime these things will pack around? I haven't had mine that long either, so I am not clear on all the rules. We let this thing get muddy, but we don't have to wash it...it gets back on the asphalt and shakes like a big dog climbing out of the pond!! OK, I made that part up... and yes I have washed it...kinda like painting a house, just about the same size. Again, welcome!!:party: Kerry.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Hi all,

Name is Chris I live south of Birmingham, AL.

Just joined today as I picked up a 1989 suburban 1500 2wd over the weekend. So hopefully the truck will be problem free.

But so far had to put master cylinder on, and work on cleaning it up.

Anyway have owned a couple of chevy trucks in the past, a 79 Big10 p/u and a 88 s-10. Recently had a 1979 f-150 I had fixed up nice and also a 88 lincoln lsc which I traded for the burb. Having another kid in sept. so needed more room and something with 4 doors. Obviously the burb has that covered. lol

Also have a 1979 mustang coupe with a 460/c4 combo, lots of other parts, its my drag/play toy.

I have a work truck I take home so my personal cars don't get much mileage put on them.

Anyway thats my brief intro.
Welcome to the club!!:party:
Sounds like you have the fun vehicles covered (burb for off road, and stang for racing. You should make a signature highlighting your vehicles...or whatever you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts