GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am again guys.
Now I decided to paint my calipers!
This is the cheapest alternative to buying big brake kits. All you need to do, which i did not do, was put sloted or drilled rotors on my truck to give it that expensive big brake kit look. Powerslot and other make this rotors fairly cheap. It is not hard at all to change the rotors out.
Anyways, on tot he how to.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
DUPLI-COLOR CALIPER PAINT KIT (YOU CAN OURHCASE IT AT AUTO ZONE. BUT THEY ARE VERY POPULAR AND TEND TO SELL OUT)
2 TOWELS (one wet one and one dry one)
AND A FANTA OR BEER (I HAD BOTH):crazy:

1. Start off by lifting and removing your wheels. I recommend lifting both sides and using jack stands, this way you do not have to take off the rims one at a time in bewteen painting sides.
2. Use the wet towel to remove as much dirt as you can from the calipers. Dry it off and use the supplied spray cleaner included in the kit to finish cleaning them up.
3. Begin to paint the calipers. Use 3-4 coats for best results. Give it a 10-15 minute interval between coats. I used 4! The first coat will not look good (it will look like you missed spots), but after the second you will see the difference.

4.After you finish up painting, simply put the wheels back on and it dry for about 2-3 hours before driving.
BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts